With summer almost here, you’ve probably already begun your search for the perfect swimsuit. But what about the perfect cover-up? Whether you’re strolling from your hotel room to the pool or spending the day at the beach, a stylish and comfortable cover-up is a must-have to go with your suit. And if you’re looking for a plus-size swimsuit cover-up, you’re in luck: We’ve rounded up 7 great choices, in a variety of budgets and styles, so you’re sure to find one that suits you.
These flattering cover-ups provide a touch of modesty, as well as an extra layer of protection from the sun. (But that doesn’t mean you can skip the sunscreen!) Ready to find your perfect swimsuit cover-up? From classic dresses to sarongs and tunics, we’ve got something for everyone.
Keep scrolling to shop our picks for the best swimsuit cover-ups for plus-size women.
See more of our best product recommendations.
We write about products we think our readers will like. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the supplier.
Where to buy: $58, Swimsuits for All
We’re in love with this patterned V-necked tunic, which has slits up the side and dolman sleeves with wide, open armholes for maximum airflow and cooling. Made of 100 percent rayon, it drapes comfortably and slips right over your head. Toss it in your beach bag, just don’t toss it in the washer and dryer — like most swim cover-ups, it’s hand wash and hang dry only!
- “This cover-up is as pretty as the picture. Very roomy and comfortable. I felt comfortable wearing this over my suit to go to breakfast before heading off to the pool or beach on the resort. It looks cute with leggings too!”
- “This is a beautiful coverup. It runs true to size. The sides are sewn partway up, so everything isn’t hanging out the sides. The colors are true and vibrant.”
- “Very flattering coverup/dress. I’m actually considering wearing this as a dress on vacation. The length is perfect. The colors are another favorite. So so pretty.”
Where to buy: $62.40 (Originally $104), Nordstrom
This tropical cover-up evokes an island mood, with its watercolor print. A deep V-necks means it slips on easily over your head, and 100 percent rayon makes it flow beautifully over your curves. Hand wash and line dry this one — and be aware that some reviewers needed to tailor the sleeves a bit for the ideal fit.
- “Very cute and comfortable cover up. I find it odd that the sleeves are so long; on me they fully cover my hands and there is no button and tab to hold them if they were rolled up. I will be hemming the sleeves!”
- “Fantastic tunic; drapes and fits really well. The fabric is great and the print is so pretty. A little pricey but worth it!”
- “Very nice cover-up, nice fabric, well made. Beautiful print!”
Where to buy: $66, Swimsuits for All
With its crochet lace trim and open shoulder detailing, this cute cover-up is almost fashionable enough to wear on its own! Made of a polyester/cotton blend, you’ll want to hand wash it and hang it to dry — don’t put it in the dryer.
- “Perfect to wear as a dress or as a cover up! It is over-sized, size down. I have received so many compliments!”
- “I absolutely love this dress/cover-up. Definitely go down a size because it runs big. It’s thin enough to dry quickly if worn as a coverup but has enough coverage to be worn out and about as well. If you’re thinking about it, just buy it. You won’t be disappointed.”
- “Love this cover up! I read almost all the reviews on sizing before ordering. I did order a size down and I could’ve probably even gone down two sizes but I didn’t want it ‘clingy.’ Fabric is soft and light weight. I’m looking forward to wearing this with my big floppy hat on my upcoming cruise!”
Where to buy: $35, Swimsuits for All
Get creative with this sarong, which can be worn multiple ways: As a dress, as a skirt, or however your imagination desires! Sold in two different sizes and crafted of 100 percent polyester, this ultra-lightweight cover-up is soft, sexy, and perfect as your go-to summer garment!
- “I love it! So versatile and really attractive! It’s insane how many uses there are for this! It’s somewhat see-through, so it really adds a sexy hint of what’s underneath.”
- “I purchased the larger size for two reasons: One so that I can use it in several different styles and it will be my sarong and beach towel … yes, you read that right. Wipe off the water coming out of the pool, hang it on the chair — it dries in five minutes and then it’s lightweight, unlike beach towels. I just ordered a second one!”
- “This cover-up is so versatile! It can be worn in multiple ways, dries fast, and is comfortable.”
Where to buy: From $23.98, Amazon
This tie-dye maxi dress comes in black, navy blue, or this bright purple, and adds a fun hippie vibe to your beach hangs! Made of 100 percent polyester chiffon, it’s soft, sheer, and lightweight — so you can still show off your swimsuit underneath, while still flattering your curves with a modest layer.
- “Absolutely beautiful! It’s very sheer but still gorgeous!”
- “This is more sheer than the picture shows, but it is perfect for the beach. I could have sized down, but I love it!”
- “It looks really nice on! The seam is down the middle, and not on sides, but still looks nice!”
Quincy Kauai Mesh Tunic
Where to buy: $38, Swimsuits for All
A scoop neck and asymmetrical hemline make this cover-up extra flattering, and the colorful botanical print makes it beautiful and cheerful. Made of polyester with a touch of Spandex for stretch, you’ll want to hand wash this one and hang it to dry.
- “Bought on a whim for a bathing suit cover-up, but it’s so beautiful that I plan on wearing it as a beach dress. It’s sheer, so I will wear it as a full length slip. At my age, it will be stylish.”
- “Beautiful tunic! It is made of thin and fresh material, perfect for poolside or the beach. It covers really well and is great for our hot Texas weather. “
- “Nice and light and flowy, and beautiful colors. Price couldn’t be beat!”
Where to buy: $66, Swimsuits for All
With a higher-in-the-front, longer-in-the-back hemline, this light blue button-down covers you exactly where you want it to. The classic front patch pockets and roll-up sleeves give it a preppy, business-meets-the-beach look, and the 100 percent rayon fabric drapes flatteringly (but wants to be hand-washed and hung dry, so don’t toss this one in the machine!)
- “Absolutely love this cover up! The material is super nice and it hits at the perfect length if you are a curvy girl.”
- “I LOVE THIS SHIRT! It is exactly as pictured. Very light, very breezy, very classic looking.”
- “This is a great beach and everyday find! The blue is a beautiful shade. The fit is perfectly loose & looks terrific on.”